Fat Cat—the Savings Account for Children
Designed for children up to age 12, Fat Cat share accounts help teach our youngest members about money. With this account, children can learn not only the value of savings, but also the value of money.
Fat Cat accounts must be joint with a parent or another responsible adult who is eligible for LGFCU membership.
Fat Cat Account features
- Minimum deposit $5.00 to open
- Only deposits accepted until the account reaches a balance of $25.00
- Account becomes dividend-bearing, paying the same rate as our Share Account, when it reaches a $25 balance
- Dividends are compounded daily and paid monthly
- $25.00 minimum balance required to maintain membership and keep account open
- NCUA insured
Our Fat Cats:
- Receive their own account book to write down deposits and withdrawals.
- May apply for a Fat Cat MemberCard, which gives them ATM and Member Connect access to their money.
- Receive a birthday card annually.
- Visit with the life-sized Fat Cat at local branches and special events across North Carolina.
- Have access to fun, educational games at the Fat Cat website.
Give your child a great financial start!