We help you step-by-step through the mortgage process, whether this is your starter home or your dream home.
Financing for any need
An LGFCU Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) is a smart and affordable choice, with cost-saving features like competitive rates with a company you trust and no required private mortgage insurance (PMI).
- This loan’s rate is subject to change every five years, with a maximum interest rate adjustment of 2.0 percent every five years or 6 percent over the life of the loan.
- For mortgages for your primary residence, 100 percent financing is available for up to $400,000 and no cash-out refinances, with a maximum term of 30 years.
- For purchases, maximum financing and loan-to-value financing tier is determined based on the lesser of the sales price or appraised value.
- With a maximum term of 15 years, 90 percent financing is available for a second or vacation home, and 80 percent financing for a rental property.
- Any property you purchase or refinance with an ARM loan must be located in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia or Tennessee.
Costs or fees may arise during the mortgage loan process. At the time of application, your Credit Union loan officer will provide a good faith estimate of all settlement costs involved with the mortgage process, such as appraisal fee, origination fee, attorney fees, recording fees, title insurance costs, and survey and pest inspection costs (typically not required.) The origination fee is .75 percent of the loan amount with a cap of $1,500.