Good for you. Good for your community.
LGFCU members who are local government employees are eligible to apply for a scholarship to help cover the cost of tuition for conferences, classes and seminars offered by the UNC School of Government. The School in Chapel Hill is the largest university-based local government training, advisory and research organization in the United States. LGFCU supports the School because of the instrumental role it serves in the professional development of Credit Union members like you — and ultimately, the communities we serve together.
The committee reviews applications based on the course start date. The deadlines below can help you determine when to submit your online scholarship application.
- March 1 (courses starting between April and June)
- June 1 (courses starting between July and September)
- July 1 (application review for Municipal and County Administration course only)
- September 1 (courses starting between October and December)
- December 1 (courses starting between January and March)
Applications must be submitted through the online application portal. Funds may not be awarded on a reimbursement basis for courses or programs that are completed or in progress If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email us at email@example.com or call 800.344.4846.