Volunteers are vital to our community, and to our Credit Union. That's why local government volunteers are eligible to join LGFCU!
We know our local government units and communities run smoothly because of the collaboration between employees and volunteers, so we offer membership to all.
Who is eligible to join?
You are eligible for LGFCU membership if you volunteer for:
- Any North Carolina county government
- Any North Carolina municipality (city, town or village)
- Any North Carolina volunteer fire department
- Publicly-owned hospitals (such as UNC Hospitals)
- Housing authorities
- Airport authorities
- Sanitary districts
- Emergency Management Services (e.g. rescue and law enforcement)
- Councils of Government
- Local government associations (such as NCSA, NCLM, NCSFA or NCACC)
- Commissions (such as planning or economic development)
- Parks and Recreation departments (i.e. coaches)
Start by asking your supervisor to sign a Membership Voucher. To join you'll need your signed voucher, a current Driver's License or photo I.D., your Social Security number and $25 in cash, check or via debit card from a current account at another financial institution. Read the Member Identification Notice for more information.
You can open your Share Account, the foundation of your LGFCU membership, with a minimum deposit of $25 by visiting a local branch or by calling the Contact Center at 888.732.8562. Your call may be monitored for quality assurance.
Once you're a member, you are always a member, regardless of your volunteer status. Simply maintain the minimum balance of $25 in your Share Account.