Volunteers who serve on committees provide the important function of checks and balances for the Credit Union. They are selected directly from the membership and are important to the success of LGFCU.
The Supervisory Committee's primary duty is to inspect the Credit Union's records for accuracy, its assets for security, and its procedures for the proper handling and use of funds. The Committee uses the services of a CPA and oversees clerical and auditing personnel hired by the Committee to complete its audit responsibilities.
- Ben Canada - Wake County
- Patty Gravinese - Research Triangle Park
- Emily Lucas - Town of Garner
- Michelle Price - Cary
- Lee Smiley - Apex
Loan Review Committee
When a loan officer in a branch office denies a member's loan or credit card application, the member has the right to appeal the decision and ask for the Loan Review Committee (LRC) to review the action. This is one of the unique benefits that some credit unions offer to its members.
The LRC has the authority to uphold the original decision and deny the loan, or to decide to approve the loan. Each committee member serves a two-year term and is appointed by the Board of Directors.
- Jim Baker – Retired, Town of Chapel Hill
- Nancy Held – Retired, Town of Cary
- Pam Hurdle - Town of Hertford
- Dale Johnson - Town of Cary
- Tony King - Town of Louisburg
- Caroline Lee - Wake County
- Wilbert McAdoo – Retired, Orange County
- Nancy Medlin - Town of Clayton
- Charles Murray - Franklin County
- Cheryl Perry - Town of Cary
- Jean Stowers - Johnston County/Smithfield Library
- Sam Tingler - Town of Cary
- Charles Weber - Self Employed
- Mark Williams - Town of Wake Forest