You can send or receive money to someone quickly by using the wire transfer service at LGFCU.
When you need to send or receive money fast, stop by your local branch to use our wire transfer service. To send money from one individual to another, the financial institution of the sender will wire the funds to the financial institution of the receiver. The funds are then disbursed as directed.
- Transfers are made through a direct, electronic link with the Federal Reserve.
- Transfers are made only between financial institutions.
- LGFCU charges no fees to receive wire transfers, but the other financial institution might.
- Visit Fees for costs to send domestic and international wire transfers.
Before heading out to your local branch to initiate a wire transfer, call the financial institution where you are wiring the money and get the routing number and account number. Also, find out if an intermediary financial institution will handle the transfer. Then bring your Driver's License or Identification Card and the information for the other financial institution to the branch.
Numbers to know
To send or receive a wire transfer you will need to use this ABA routing number: 253177049. For details, please read Receive Wire Transfer instructions under our Helpful Documents.
Do not use the LGFCU Routing Number found on your check or in the footer of this website.
This service is available during regular branch hours Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern time.
If you need to transmit a wire transfer on the same business day, it must be received by the Credit Union on or before the following cut-off times:
- Domestic Wires – 4:30 p.m. Eastern time
- International Wires – 3:30 p.m. Eastern time
- Visit your local branch to send or receive a wire transfer.