Cashing your savings bonds
The Credit Union redeems paper bonds of Series EE, Series E and Series I. The Credit Union is not authorized to redeem Series HH savings bonds, but may be able to assist you in redeeming your bonds through the Department of Treasury.
Electronic savings bonds should be redeemed through TreasuryDirect. Any paper bonds that have not yet matured and are lost, stolen or destroyed can be reissued in electronic form.
Savings Bonds are not deposit accounts and are not federally insured or guaranteed by the Credit Union.
Buying electronic bonds
Paper savings bonds are no longer sold at financial institutions. The Department of Treasury now sells electronic savings bonds at a secure web-based system operated by the Bureau of Public Debt.
To get the most benefit from electronic savings bonds you'll need to set-up a TreasuryDirect account.
With an account you can:
- Buy, manage and redeem savings bonds online.
- Convert paper savings bonds to electronic bonds.
- Reduce concern about storing, misplacing or losing paper savings bonds.
- Redeem your paper savings bonds of Series EE, E and I at a local branch.
- Redeem and buy electronic bonds TreasuryDirect.