Transactions normally handled by a branch teller are accessible to you day or night, seven days a week by using the CashPoints or PLUS® ATM networks.
ATM transactions with CashPoints
CashPoints is the ATM network that puts 24-hour convenience at your fingertips with one easy-to-use card. You can take care of virtually all your routine financial needs through a CashPoints ATM, which are available in all 100 North Carolina counties.
- Get cash in multiples of $20 (up to $500 a day for each cardholder) from your Share, Checking, Money Market Share and LGFCU Visa® accounts.
- Make deposits to your Share, Checking and Money Market Share accounts.
- Transfer funds from one account to another when both accounts are linked by the same card.
- Check account balances for your Share, Checking, Money Market Share and loan accounts.
- Make payments to loans and LGFCU credit card accounts.
- Text-to-speech technology and Braille keypads for our visually-impaired members are available at all CashPoints locations.
Customize your ATM preferences
Use the on-screen menu options to customize your ATM settings:
PIN. Select your own 4-digit ATM PIN.
Language. English or Spanish.
Receipts. Choose to always receive, never receive or be prompted for a receipt.
Fast Cash Account. Designate an account for quick withdrawals.
Fast Cash Amount. Choose increments of $20, $40, $60, $80, $100 or $200.
Plus ATM locations worldwide
Having access to any ATM location that uses the Visa® PLUS Network gives you worldwide access to your Credit Union accounts for transfers, balance inquiries and cash withdrawals. Some exceptions may apply.
The following primary accounts can be accessed through any ATM that uses the PLUS Network:
- Checking Account
- Money Market Share Account
- Share Account
- Credit Card
Does CashPoints charge a fee?
All transactions performed by LGFCU-issued cards at a CashPoints ATM are complimentary, with some exceptions:
- Withdrawals using certain non-LGFCU issued cards are assessed a $2 surcharge.
- $0.75 fee for each completed transaction performed at an ATM which uses the PLUS Network.
- $0.35 fee for incomplete or denied transactions at ATMs which use the PLUS Network, for any of the following reasons:
- Withdrawal attempt from an account having insufficient funds
- Withdrawal amount requested exceeds the cardholder daily limit
- Each attempt at entering an invalid PIN
- Withdrawal attempted from an account that is not accessible with the ATM card
Visit the PLUS Network's worldwide ATM locator service online.
Always use caution when using an ATM. Follow these guidelines for safe ATM visits:
- Memorize your PIN and never share with anyone.
- Wait until others have finished their transactions before approaching the machine.
- Stand close to the ATM when entering your PIN.
- Be aware of your surroundings, especially at night.
- Remember to retrieve your receipt, card and money before leaving the ATM.
- Wait until you leave the ATM to count your money.
- If you use the drive-up ATM, keep your car running while you conduct your transaction.
- If your card is retained by an ATM, look for foreign hardware around the card insertion slot. Immediately notify your local branch or call the 800 number located on the front of the ATM.
- Immediately report a lost or stolen card to your local branch or call us at 888.732.8562.