Since its beginning, volunteers have played a crucial role in the success of LGFCU. To serve all of our members across the state, we rely on the Advisory Council to be the liaison between existing and potential Credit Union members and LGFCU management.
Who makes up the Advisory Council?
Current LGFCU members in good standing who believe strongly in the Credit Union philosophy of “people helping people” are eligible to join the council. They’re advocates who support their Credit Union by serving as ambassadors to potential members and a source of information to existing members.
What does the council do?
Advisory Council volunteers share information about new financial products, services and delivery methods to members and potential members. Council members also work closely with the Volunteer Development Team, communicating by phone, email and through a blog created exclusively for LGFCU Advisory Council members.
Advisory Council members:
- Serve as ambassadors to potential members, encouraging eligible participants to join.
- Participate in surveys and provide feedback to Credit Union leaders on how the Credit Union is meeting member needs.
- Provide recommendations and concerns about products, services, policies and operational activities to their assigned Membership Development Officer and/or the Volunteer Development Team.
- Attend council meetings twice a year—once locally in the fall and once in April in Raleigh.
How can you help?
We’d love to add your voice to the Advisory Council. Over the years, these volunteers have played a key role in helping us improve our products and services, and educating potential members about the benefits of LGFCU.
Contact the Volunteer Development Team to join the Advisory Council.
- Call 800.344.4846 or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org