Call 888.732.8562 immediately if any of your LGFCU cards or card PIN is lost or stolen!
Protect your PIN
Protect your Personal Identification Number (PIN) at all times. Memorize your PIN and destroy the paper or store it in a safe place, separate from where you keep your card. Never give your PIN to another person, not even your spouse, and remember to guard your PIN as you would cash.
Keep your cards safe
- If your card is lost, stolen, or being used fraudulently report it to LGFCU immediately.
- Keep your ATM and Check Card receipts until you receive your next statement.
- Always know how much money you have available in your account.
- Write down each ATM and purchase transaction just as you would a check.
- Keep all of your receipts in one place for easy retrieval.
- Add near real-time debit card alerts to monitor your purchases and identify questionable transactions sooner*.
- Get a free copy of your credit report from http://annualcreditreport.com
- Shred any documents that contain account numbers. Look for a Shred Event near you! Cut up old cards and dispose of them.
Stay alert at ATMs
Make sure to be alert to your surroundings when you’re at an ATM, including noticing if someone is standing too close. Have your card ready and your PIN memorized, put your cash away quickly and don’t leave your card or cash unattended at any time. If you’re making a deposit, save time and fill out a deposit envelope before you arrive. Remember to take your receipt, if you opted for one.
Also be on the lookout for skimmers, which are devices attached to ATMs that can send your card info to criminals. If the machine looks tampered with or if the card reader doesn’t match the rest of the machine, go to another ATM.
Always stay in well-lit areas, lock your doors at drive-up ATMs, and if you’re feeling uncomfortable, stop the transaction and go to another ATM.
Permanent blocks and limited access
The Credit Union has permanent blocks or limited access for using our debit and credit cards in the countries listed below. Call for details about these restrictions or to have the blocks removed for the duration of your travel.
|Brazil||No transactions allowed|
|Malaysia||No transactions allowed|
|Romania||No transactions allowed|
|Turkey||No transactions allowed|
For countries with a limited access status, call 888.732.8562 for details. The U.S. Department of State website also offers a wealth of information about international travel, including warnings and alerts.
If your card has been lost or stolen, or you have more questions about card safety:
- Call 888.732.8562
- Visit your local branch
*Data and text messaging fees may apply; please check with your service provider.