LGFCU offers scholarships to local government employees for professional development.
LGFCU members who are local government employees are eligible to apply for a scholarship for tuition for conferences, classes and seminars offered by the UNC School of Government (SOG). LGFCU supports the School of Government because of the instrumental role it serves in the professional development of our membership.
STATUS: Now accepting applications.
Applications are accepted throughout the year with deadlines on March 1, June 1, August 1*, September 1 and December 1.
- Public Executive Leadership Academy – June 1
- NC Local/State Government CGCIO – June 1
- Municipal and County Administration – August 1
- Clerks' Certification Institute – December 1
Applications received after a deadline go into consideration for the following application period. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email us at email@example.com or call 800.344.4846†.
Apply now for the SOG Scholarship.
Download the application.
SOG Scholarship Program
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
* For the August deadline, the scholarship committee only reviews applications for the Municipal and County Administration course.
† Calls may be recorded for quality assurance.