LGFCU offers scholarships to local government employees for professional development.
LGFCU members who are local government employees are eligible to apply for a scholarship for tuition for conferences, classes and seminars offered by the UNC School of Government (SOG). LGFCU supports the School of Government because of the instrumental role it serves in the professional development of our membership.
Applications are reviewed based on the course start date. Please use the guide below to determine when your application will be considered for a scholarship.
- March 1 - courses starting between April and June
- June 1 - courses starting between July and September
- July 1 - applications for Municipal and County Administration only*
- September 1 - courses starting between October and December
- December 1 - courses starting between January and March
*For July 1, the scholarship committee will only review applications for the Municipal and County Administration course.
Applications received after a deadline go into consideration for the following application period. Funds may not be awarded on a reimbursement basis for completed classes, conferences and seminars. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.344.4846.
Apply now for the SOG Scholarship.
Download the application.
SOG Scholarship Program
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609