Call LGFCU immediately if your debit card or PIN is lost or stolen! Toll Free: 888.732.8562 or In Raleigh: 919.857.2150
Use your card responsibly
Protect your Personal Identification Number (PIN) at all times. Memorize your PIN and destroy the paper or store it in a safe place, separate from where you keep your card.
- Never give your PIN to another person.
- If your card is lost, stolen, or being used fraudulently report it to LGFCU immediately.
- Keep your ATM and Check Card receipts until you receive your next statement.
- Always know how much money you have available in your account.
- Write down each ATM and purchase transaction just as you would a check.
- Keep your receipts in the same place for easy retrieval.
- Guard your PIN! It's your money.
Four tips for ATM safety:
- Be cautious
- Be alert to your surroundings.
- Use another ATM if you feel uncomfortable.
- Stay in well-lit areas.
- Lock all your vehicle doors at drive-up ATMs.
- Be confidential
- Memorize your PIN.
- Don't leave receipts at ATM.
- Be aware of people looking over your shoulder.
- Be prepared
- Have your card ready.
- Put cash away quickly.
- Fill out a deposit envelope in advance.
- Be responsible
- Cut up and discard old cards.
- Never leave cards or cash unattended.
Travel safety tips
Whether you’re traveling for business or for vacation, we want you to enjoy your trip, have access to your funds and not worry about fraud. Review the tips and information below to stay safe and plan ahead.
- Notify the Credit Union of extensive domestic or international travel
- Find out about potential international fraud blocks before you travel
- Make sure your PIN is valid
- Verify your card will not expire while you are away
- Photocopy all cards front and back and keep copies on hand
During your travels
- Carry an additional payment method e.g. another debit or credit card
- Pack your payment methods in different locations
- Stay alert for pick pockets
- Keep the Credit Union's contact number 888.732.8562 with you. (Dial the country code first if overseas.)
Permanent blocks and limited access
The Credit Union has permanent blocks or limited access for using our debit and credit cards in the countries listed below. Call the Contact Center or your local branch for details about these restrictions or to have the blocks removed for the duration of your travel.
|Brazil||No transactions allowed|
|Malaysia||No transactions allowed|
|Romania||No transactions allowed|
|Turkey||No transactions allowed|
For countries with a limited access status call the Contact Center at 888.732.8562 for details. The U.S. Department of State website also offers a wealth of information about international travel, including warnings and alerts.
If your card has been lost or stolen, call LGFCU immediately toll free: 888.732.8562 or in Raleigh: 919.857.2150. More questions about card safety?
- Call the Contact Center at 888.732.8562
- Visit your local branch