You must be affiliated with either a local government unit as an employee, elected official or volunteer, or be a family member of a current member.
Local government units are
- Towns, cities, counties
- Municipal departments (such as fire, law enforcement, rescue and EMS, planning, finance, parks & recreation)
- Government-owned hospitals
- Authorities (such as housing, airport, and water and sewer)
You are eligible to join if you are
- An employee, elected official or appointed official of a North Carolina local government unit
- A brother, sister, parent, grandparent, child or spouse of an LGFCU member
- A volunteer for a local government unit
- Retired from local government in North Carolina
- A spouse of a deceased person who was eligible for membership
- Sharing a household with a member of LGFCU
Once you're a member, you are always a member, regardless of retirement or subsequent employment. Simply maintain the minimum balance of $25 in your Share Account. Experience the real lifetime value of credit union membership. Take a tour of the website to find out all the perks of being a member-owner! We're sure there are products and services that fit a variety of your needs.