LGFCU helps you pay for college or graduate school expenses with our scholarships.
Each year, we award 120 one-year scholarships to graduating high school students and students attending colleges, universities, graduate and trade schools. All scholarships are for $1,000, payable in one installment to the school, and may be applied to tuition, textbooks, computers or other fees.
- have a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0
- submit official school transcripts
- have an individual Share Account or a joint Share Account with a parent or guardian
- be a member in good standing*
The winners, who are selected by a committee of the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation, are announced in April.
If you have questions regarding the application process, email us at email@example.com or call us toll free at 800.344.4846.
* A member in good standing is defined as a member who is not overdrawn on Checking or Share Accounts, and does not have delinquent loans.
STATUS: Now accepting applications. Deadline is February 1, 2018.
Other financing methods
The Credit Union has several ways to help pay for expenses related to elementary, secondary, and post-secondary education. Check out the benefits of a Coverdell Education Savings Account to cover these costs. If you’d like to talk about other ways to finance education costs, call or visit your local branch to make an appointment with a Financial Counselor.
As a federally chartered credit union, LGFCU cannot participate in the College Foundation of North Carolina programs, but their website is a good resource for information on many college-related topics such as financial aid, grants and additional scholarships. Visit www.cfnc.org.
Download, save and complete the application on your computer. Do not fill out the application in your browser. Once completed:
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
* You have the ability to save this document to your personal computer so the application form can be completed in multiple sessions. LGFCU recommends using the latest version of the free Adobe Reader to ensure all features work properly. You can download the free reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/