A Share Account is the foundation of your LGFCU membership. Similar to a savings account, credit unions call it share because by having this account each member owns a share of the Credit Union.
- Minimum deposit to open and balance is $25.00.
- Dividends are compounded daily and paid monthly.
- Dividend rate is set by the Board of Directors and is subject to change daily.
- Funds can be accessed using a CashPoints® ATM.
- Can be used as collateral on other LGFCU loans.
- If balance drops below $25.00 on the statement cutoff date, a $1.00 service charge is assessed except on Fat Cat Account.
- NCUA insured.
LGFCU also has special Share Accounts for various life stages:
- Fat Cat Accounts for children 12 and under.
- Zard Account for teens ages 13 to 19.
- Golden Circle Account for members 50 years and older.
Select your account ownership
When you open a Share Account, you must choose who will have access to the funds and be accountable for taxes and other ownership responsibilities. The following types of ownership are available:
- An Individual Account is in the name of one individual member of the Credit Union.
- A Joint Account is owned by joint members with the right of survivorship.
- A Payable Upon Death Account will release only to a designated beneficiary(s).
Enjoy the benefits of credit union membership!