How LGFCU Protects You
LGFCU uses the latest technology to ensure that your accounts are safe and secure.
- LGFCU uses high-grade, 256-bit encryption (128-bit encryption required) provided by industry expert VeriSign, Inc.
- All pages of the site and within Member Connect are "https:" instead of "http:".
- A closed padlock on your browser window indicates a secure and authentic connection.
Account access using Member Connect
- Members can sign on securely from the top of any page, or from the separate sign-on page
- User identity is verified with Intelligent Defense Check (ID Check)
- Members select their own, unique, alphanumeric user ID and password
- Sign-on field information is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology
- An automated session time-out feature offers additional security
ID Check verifies user identity during sign on and includes the following components:
- Includes physical location, Internet connection, operating system, etc.
- Compares stored and current signatures during sign on.
- Member-provided answers to a brief series of questions
- May be completed online or at a local branch
- Known information to the member—difficult for an unauthorized user to guess
Note: ID Check questions may sometimes be used by Contact Center and branch staff before processing transactions or to complete select online transactions when you contact either.
Fraud monitoring and detection
To monitor and detect fraud, LGFCU uses leading forensic technology that identifies threats before they become issues including:
- Branding protection to guard against site spoofing (fake websites that "look" like LGFCU's)
- Multi-factor identification verification (ID Check)
- Monitoring threats against LGFCU's servers
- Daily web log review
- Independent, external audits of security measures
- Implementing solutions that constantly evolve to combat the latest security threats
Whether you choose to check your accounts using Member Connect by computer or web-enabled phone, LGFCU uses the same security features and standards. Mobile access offers some additional security features, including a shorter time-out for your session and limiting bill payments to existing payees only.
No personal account information is ever stored on your phone. So, if you lose your phone or mobile device, this will not jeopardize security or access to your account.