Enjoy the ease of low-cost, in-branch tax preparation all year. We’ll electronically file your taxes so you receive your refund quickly. Then you can choose to have it directly deposited into one of your LGFCU accounts.
Tax preparation at your local branch
All branch locations have tax preparers ready to complete and electronically file basic tax returns for eligible members for a flat fee of $75.
No appointment necessary
Gather your tax documents and stop by your local branch. There's no need to call for an appointment! A tax preparer will confirm your eligibility, make sure that you've brought all the documents needed and make copies of your information. Within 5 business days, your return will be ready for you to review and sign.
What should I bring?
For a faster visit, download our Tax Preparation Document. Print and complete the questionnaire, tax form 13614-C and the consent form, and bring these documents with you. Also, bring the following items:
- Picture ID for yourself (and your spouse, if applicable)
- Social Security cards for yourself and all other individuals on your return (spouse and all dependents)
- Your prior year tax return
- All income documents including W-2s, 1099s and other tax documents
- Healthcare tax documents including Forms 1095 A, B or C, Marketplace Exemption Letters etc.
- Documentation of higher education expenses, including tuition paid and student loan interest paid
- Form 1098-T and other documentation of higher education expenses including tuition paid and student loan interest paid
- Daycare expenses and the daycare provider's name, address and tax ID number
- Documentation or a detailed listing to support itemized deductions if applicable.* These items may include:
- Mortgage loan interest paid
- Charitable contributions
- Property taxes paid (home and auto)
- Medical expenses
*Note: In lieu of bringing individual receipts and statements, you can complete the Itemized Deduction Detail Sheet.
Other restrictions may apply. Please contact your local branch for additional information.
Deposit your tax refund into an LGFCU account
If you’re getting a refund, let it make more money for you! Deposit it into a Holiday Cash Club Account and get a jump on paying for holiday spending next year while earning dividends. Or consider opening a Money Market Share Account to start an emergency savings fund.