If there has been fraud on your account or your identity has been stolen, contact LGFCU immediately at 888.732.8562.
Resolution of identity theft
- Contact LGFCU and a member service representative will guide you through the resolution process.
- Contact the three major credit bureaus to issue a fraud alert on your credit file:
- Equifax: 1.800.525.6285
- Experian: 1.888.397.3742
- TransUnion: 1.800.680.7289
- Close all other accounts that you suspect or know have been compromised.
- File a police report and retain a copy to send to creditors and others who require proof of the identity theft.
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
After a fraud alert has been activated at the credit reporting agencies, creditors will contact you before new accounts are opened in your name. Once one credit bureau confirms the fraud alert, the other two will be notified automatically. Then you will receive free credit reports from each of the three credit bureaus. Your credit report can also help you identify unauthorized activity.
The more you know about identity theft and how it can happen, the safer you are.
- Call the Contact Center with questions at 888.732.8562.
- Learn more about protecting yourself from account fraud.