Changes to Credit Union Alerts on Verizon Wireless (Updated)
January 28, 2013
If you're a Verizon Wireless customer you will notice a change to your Credit Union Alerts and Two-Way Text Messages beginning January 24.
The format of your mobile device messages will change as follows:
- You will no longer see firstname.lastname@example.org as the sender. The from address will now be a 12-character number which serves as a unique identifier for each alert.
- Since each alert will have its own identifier, you will no longer receive your alerts in a single message thread.
- Each alert will have 'LGFCU' at the beginning of the message so you will be able to identify them as an alert from Local Government Federal Credit Union.
- 'Reply STOP to OPT OUT' will be included at the end of each alert. This gives you the opportunity to send the stop command to terminate your participation in the alerts and/or two-way services.
- Replying STOP will result in the termination of alerts and if you are registered for Two-Way Text Messages, you will be terminated from that service as well.
- Once your enrollment has been terminated, you must go through the enrollment process in Member Connect again if you wish to reinstate alerts and/or two-way messaging.
For more information on mobile-related services visit Mobile.
Current alert format - Right image:
New alert format